2021 NCAEHA Industry Award: Farmers Restaurant Group
Farmers Restaurant Group has been granted the Industry Award this year based on all the great things that they have been able to accomplish and contributed to promoting Health Safety and Sanitation throughout our seven restaurants.
Since mid-March Farmers Restaurant Group, has also been a pioneer in the industry these past few months of the covid-19 crisis in these challenging times. We have adapted our operations and offerings, connected with new and existing partners, and continued to look for new ways to serve and uplift our friends and neighbors by:
• Delivering over 3,800 meals to local area hospitals and first responders through partnerships with Feed the Fight, as well as individual donations.
• Delivering over 300 meals to housebound elders and those in need across DC and Northern Virginia through our partnership with Last Call for Food.
• Providing almost 2,000 individually packaged and freshly prepared meals per week to DC’s most vulnerable residents through our partnership with World Central Kitchen.
• Using flour donated through our North Dakota farmers and former Senator Heidi Heitkamp to make and donate 200 loaves of bread to DC Central Kitchen.
• Supplying over 1,200 gallons of our Founding Spirits Hand Sanitizer to hospitals, first responders, healthcare workers, and others across our communities.
• Offering 50% off our restaurant To Go menus for first responders.
• Opening a Market & Grocery in 6 of their 7 restaurants with contact-free curbside pick-up and delivery.